Apps for Health tomorrow at Mohawk
The leading edges of health and technology intersect tomorrow (May 27) at the Apps for Health conference and student competition in the Collaboratory at the Mohawk Learning Exchange at the Fennell Campus. Along with workshops and keynotes from industry experts, college and university students will pitch technology solutions to real world challenges brought forward by leading health care organizations. Apps for Health is hosted by the Mohawk College Applied Research Centre for Health Informatics and sponsored by Telus Health Solutions, NSERC, Mohawk iDeaWORKS and Mohawk College.
- Keith Monrose, Telus Health Solutions, speaking on Convergence & confluence driving healthcare transformation
- Web Development Workshops presented by Apple Canada. Learn about what it takes to create next generation mobile web apps directly from Apple Engineers
- Mobile Health Project Presentations. See a demonstration of some leading edge eHealth and mHealth apps from various organizations including Mohawk's own MARC-HI, the Toronto University Health Network (UHN), Toronto Sick Kids Hospital and MiHealth
- Keynote Speaker Ron Parker, Canada Health Infoway, speaking on The Bigger Bang: EHR as a Platform for Innovation
- Keynote Speaker Willi Powell, Apple Canada, speaking on Mobile Content In Health Education
- Keynote Speaker Gerardo Castaneda, CIO, St. Joe’s Healthcare System, speaking on Experiences in building real world healthcare systems
- Reception and barbecue with live music by Mohawk Applied Music students.
- Democamp Hamilton
Students will present their technology solutions and compete for more than $10,000 in cash and prizes on Saturday from noon to 5 p.m.