In the news
The Joyce Centre is leading in environmental technologies
CHCH News has this story on The Joyce Centre for Partnership & Innovation, Canada' s largest and Hamilton's first zero carbon institutional building.
The Joyce Centre showcases leading edge environmental technologies that significantly reduce the building's carbon emissions. Some of the environmental technology featured includes:
- A high-performance building envelope which maximizes natural light in the building and reduces the building's heating and cooling loads.
- Solar photovotaic panel arrays generating 721,000 kWh of clean, renewable energy each year.
- A solar thermal array.
- 28 geothermal wells.
- A variable refigerant flow heat pump system.
- Storm water harvesting of up to 228,000 litres.
- Sensor controlled LED lighting.
- A green roof with extensive planted areas.
- High-efficiency plumbing fixtures.
For more information on The Joyce Centre visit: www.netzeromohawk.ca