Do you have a green thumb? Apply for a plot in Mohawk's Community Garden today
Community members are welcome to apply
The Community Garden at Mohawk’s Fennell Campus offers students, staff and community members the opportunity to grow and eat their own fresh fruits and vegetables. Mohawk provides the space, the soil and the tools.
If you have a passion for fresh, local produce you can apply for a plot today. Click here to complete the brief application form. All applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 13.
Community Garden Fast Facts:
- The Community Garden was launched in 2013 with 8 garden plots.
- In 2015, it was expanded to 47 plots to accommodate campus demand and new community partnerships.
- Features a sustainable rainwater harvesting system.
- Includes a dedicated farm bed for the MSA Food Service Division.
- In 2015, more than 65 people cultivated fruits and veggies in the Community Garden.
- The Community Garden has donated almost 200 pounds of produce to the MSA Food Bank, Hamilton Victory Gardens, and other charitable partners.