International Women's Day @ Mohawk College
Tomorrow is International Women's Day and Mohawk College will be hosting a number of activities aimed at celebrating the achievements of women and focusing attention on important women's issues.
- Distribution of purple ribbons to students and staff.
- IWD poster displays using original artwork created by Mohawk College Graphics students.
- Live TV show in North Atrium (C Wing) 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - broadcast live throughout Fennell and in 30 minute segments on Cable 14 over the following two weeks.
- Bonnie Schmidt, from Let's Talk Science will be presenting from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in Rm E230. Space is limited so get there early.
- Fennell Campus TV Screens to display art by women artists throughout the day.
- Coverage on INDI 101 FM - 50 Women Who Rocked Music
- Rose sale in C104 in support of Martha House Women's Shelter.
- Poetry reading with Linda Frank, inspirational quilt made by students and staff, draws and prizes and a book display in the Fennell Campus Library.
- Wall of Inspiration in C Wing atrium
- Equality wall in the cafeteria (lower level C Wing)
- Community awareness booths set up in the lobby: United Way, Women's Center, Living Rock and Pay it Forward
- Book display featuring Canadian female authors
- Rose sale in the Student Engagement Office
- Display of quotes from famous women.