Media Release: Future Ready. Learning for Life. Mohawk College Launches New Strategic Plan
HAMILTON, ON – A job guarantee for top students from select programs is among the commitments Mohawk College makes in its new five-year strategic plan.
Mohawk will also offer a job readiness course and online toolkit to all students and support the lifelong learning goals of its more than 105,000 graduates. With the support of government and industry partners, Mohawk aims to invest upwards of $90 million in construction and renovation projects at its three campuses by 2021.
Developed in consultation with students, faculty, staff, Mohawk’s Board of Governors and college partners, the strategic plan commits the college to supporting student and graduate success, fostering collaboration and partnerships and strengthening community leadership while remaining a responsible fiscal steward of government funding and student tuition.
Mohawk’s 2016-2021 strategic plan is posted online at www.mohawkcollege.ca/strategicplan.
“When you’re in the company of remarkable people, you can set ambitious goals. Our new strategic plan does exactly that. Over the next five years, our faculty and staff will deliver on major commitments to our students, graduates, their future employers and the communities we serve.”
Under the new strategic plan, by 2021 Mohawk will become:
- The number one college in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area for graduate employment.
- The number one college in Ontario for employer satisfaction.
- Among the top 10 colleges in Canada for applied research activity and investment.
- A postsecondary leader in simulation-based learning that prepares students for their co-op work terms, field placements and first jobs after college.
- A college and community leader on environmental sustainability, Indigenous education, internationalization and improving access to postsecondary education for students from low-income neighbourhoods.
For more information, contact:
Jay Robb, Director of Communications, 905.979.8893, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mohawk College educates and serves 30,000 full-time, part-time, apprenticeship and international students at three campuses and two City School locations at the Eva Rothwell Resource Centre and the Central Public Library in Hamilton, Ontario. Mohawk has ranked first among all Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area colleges in student satisfaction for seven consecutive years and first in graduate satisfaction for the past five years. Mohawk ranks 15th among all colleges in Canada for applied research activity and has been named among Canada’s greenest employers and the region’s top employers for the past three years.