Media Release: Mohawk welcomes Deborah Brown, Vice President Corporate Services
Brings wealth of experience from Ontario public sector
HAMILTON (Dec. 3, 2014) – Deborah Brown has joined Mohawk College as its Vice President, Corporate Services.
Brown started in her new role on December 1. She brings a wealth of experience to the position as an accomplished executive in different leadership positions across the Ontario government, including most recently as Acting Chief Administrative Officer and Assistant Deputy Minister at Treasury Board Secretariat. She has a track record of delivering complex projects on time and on budget, improving and sustaining positive client and peer relationships, improving employee engagement results, and creating a positive workplace culture.
In addition to serving in several high-profiles roles as a civil servant, Brown is also the provincial appointee to the Tarion Board of Directors, and has served on the Boards of the Travel Industry Council of Ontario and the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan.
As Mohawk’s Vice President Corporate Services, Brown is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the college, including business planning and reporting, financial management, facilities, procurement, human resources, information technology and emergency management.
“Deborah brings to Mohawk extensive knowledge and experience as a senior executive in Ontario’s public sector. I am excited to welcome Deborah to Mohawk and look forward to seeing what she will accomplish as a member of Mohawk’s executive team.”
“I also want to thank Interim Vice President Corporate Services, Robert Carrington for his continuing support these past few months. We are grateful for the leadership he provided during the transition period.” - Ron McKerlie, President of Mohawk College
“I’m honoured to be joining Mohawk College as Vice President Corporate Services. Mohawk has an outstanding reputation in the community and the province. I am excited to be working with a great team of staff who are committed to meeting and exceeding the expectations of our students.” – Deborah Brown, Vice President, Corporate Services, Mohawk College.
DEBORAH BROWN FAST FACTS:
- Acting Chief Administrative Officer and Assistant Deputy Minister at Treasury Board Secretariat (October 2014 – December 2014)
- Director, Enterprise Strategic Business Unit, Ministry of Government Services (2013-2014)
- Director of Operations, Deputy Minister’s Office, Ministry of Government Services (2010-2013)
- Director, Tourism Agencies Branch, Ministry of Tourism (2009-2010)
- Director Consumer Policy & Liaison Branch, Ministry of Consumer Services (2006-2009)
- Provincial appointee to the Tarion Board of Directors (2005 – present)
- Bachelor of Journalism, Ryerson University
- Corporate Governance Designation, Rotman School of Management/Institute for Corporate Directors
- Ivey School of Business Executive Leadership Program
Mohawk College educates more than 17,000 full-time and apprenticeship students at three campuses in Hamilton, Ontario. Recognized as a leader in health and technology education, Mohawk has achieved the highest student satisfaction scores among all colleges in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area for four consecutive years.
For more information, contact:
Jay Robb, Director of Communications, 905.979.8893, email@example.com