Message to all Mohawk College Students: What you need to know during the strike
Ontario's 8,000 college Support Staff workers are on strike as of midnight September 1. The strike affects about 370 full-time Support Staff at Mohawk College.
Here’s what you need to know:
Mohawk is open for business.
- All of Mohawk College’s campuses will remain open during the strike and faculty will continue to teach students in all programs, including Continuing Education.
- Orientation Day will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 6. Check the Welcome Guide.
- Classes will start on Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Key services are available.
- Students can still register for classes.
- Please make use of the college’s online tools for tasks such as registration. This will help prevent long delays.
- Students can pick up their OSAP loans Monday to Friday, 9 – 4 from room G08 in the MSA Student Centre. Satellite campus loans will also be distributed from this location only.
- The Square at the Fennell Campus will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday to Friday and from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. for evening programs.
- All three campus bookstores are open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday to Friday, and will closed Saturday and Sunday, and Labour Day.
- All campuses and service areas will have hours of operation and lists of available services posted for students to review.
- Detailed hours and service information will also be posted to Mohawk Matters, Mocomotion and Facebook.
Some services will not be available.
- Wireless access will not be available at the Fennell, STARRT, Brantford Elgin and Brantford Laurier Campuses. Wireless will still be available at the IAHS Campus.
- Wired connections will still be available at all campuses.
Here’s how we’ll keep you up to date.
- Students and staff can stay up-to-date on the latest news and information from the college by checking Mohawk Matters, the college's main Facebook page, Twitter and Mocomotion.
- New information will be posted as soon as it is available.
- Students can also call the campus emergency closures hotline at 905-575-2444 for an up-to-date message on the status of the college’s campuses.
- A Hotline has been set up to answer program and service-related questions. Students can call 905-575-2000. Calls will be answered from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- For strike complaints call the HR Hotline at 905-575-2354.Calls will be answered 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Normal hours of operation and services will resume once the strike has ended.