Mohawk Alumni of Distinction Awards Dinner Jan. 21
Mohawk celebrates the career achievements and community contributions of 6 remarkable graduates next week at the 13th annual Alumni of Distinction Awards Dinner. Mohawk's 2009 Alumni of Distinction inductees are:
- Veteran radio and TV broadcaster Bill Kelly
- Imperial Oil Quality Assurance Lab Manager Cathy Cardy
- Teenage Head punk pioneer and philanthropist Gord Lewis
- Social entrepreneur and Crazy Daisy founder Sarah Moir
- Artists at the Centre cofounder and coordinator Karyn Callaghan
- Director of the Regional Cardiac and Vascular Program at Hamilton Health Sciences Susan Gregoroff
"Mohawk College is the prime job creating engine in our region," says President Rob MacIsaac. "Mohawk's 85,000 alumni make our community an even greater place to live, work, learn and invest and we are proud to recognize the career achievements and community contributions of six remarkable alumni."
Introduced in 1996, Alumni of Distinction Awards have recognized 66 Mohawk alumni. Nominations are reviewed by a panel of alumni, previous award recipients and College staff.
The 2009 Mohawk Alumni of Distinction Awards Dinner will be held on Thursday, Jan. 21 at Michelangelo Banquet Centre in Hamilton. Tickets ($70 per person) can be ordered by calling 905.575.2258 or emailing to email@example.com. Proceeds from the awards dinner support bursaries for students of unlimited potential yet limited means.