Mohawk College earns high marks and above average scores in latest provincial student satisfaction survey
Mohawk has earned high marks and above average scores from students in the Ontario government's latest student satisfaction survey.
Results from the 2010 Key Performance Indicator (KPI) survey show Mohawk achieving across-the-board gains from last year's results and scores better than the provincial average in eight key measures related to overall student satisfaction and the quality of learning, programs, facilities and services.
Mohawk also achieved the single largest percentage point increase from last year's survey among Ontario's 24 colleges, with a 9.1 percentage point increase for both quality of services and facilities. Mohawk has completed a $27 million transformation of its skilled trades campus and is carrying out the largest renewal project in college history at the Fennell Campus. The old library at the Fennell Campus is being transformed into a new one-stop centre for student services that will consolidate services currently offered at 17 locations on campus.
Since 1998, colleges have been mandated by the Ontario government to collect and report performance data. All full-time college students in the province complete the KPI survey, which is administered by an independent research company.
2010 KPI SURVEY RESULT HIGHLIGHTS
- 87.6 per cent of students agree or strongly agree that Mohawk provides them with the knowledge and skills for their future career (87.1 per cent provincial average)
- 86.3 per cent graduate employment rate (83 per cent provincial average)
- 81.1 per cent of students agree or strongly agree that Mohawk offers quality programs (80.2 per cent provincial average)
- 79.5 per cent graduate satisfaction rate (79.1 per cent provincial average)
- 79.3 per cent overall student satisfaction (76.1 per cent provincial average)
- 74.8 per cent of students agree or strongly agree that Mohawk has quality facilities and resources (68.8 per cent provincial average, 9.1 percentage point improvement from last year’s survey)
- 73.8 per cent of students agree or strongly agree that Mohawk delivers quality services (68.1 per cent provincial average, 9.1 percentage point improvement from last year’s survey)