Mohawk College leads free national training program for green jobs - In the news
Mohawk College, in partnership with 13 post-secondary partners across Canada, is playing a major role in a new program that provides free training to help industries become greener and more sustainable.
Quick Train Canada officially launched this week with 39 micro-credential courses that are of no cost to workers or companies, thanks to a federal investment in 2021 of $46.5 million.
The announcement catpured media interest from a number of media outlets:
- CHML/Global News - Mohawk College helps launch free national training program with focus on a greener economy
- inTheHammer - Mohawk College-led group gets $46.5M to help build more-qualified workforce
- Winnipeg Free Press - RRC Polytech launches ‘Quick Train’ microcredential program
- Canadian Manufacturing - Canadian colleges establish microcredential programs to help students upskill for the workforce
- Electrical Business - To meet the needs of Canada’s shifting economy, colleges are offering limited-time free microcredentials