Mohawk College to Recognize Nine Outstanding Alumni
Annual awards dinner to be held October 25, 2018
HAMILTON, ONT (Sept. 17, 2018) - An advocate for Indigenous peoples who helped research and write Amnesty International’s Stolen Sisters report and the founder of a digital forensic company used by law enforcement agencies around the world are among the nine Mohawk College graduates to receive Alumni of Distinction awards next month.
The awards recognize the career achievements and community contributions of outstanding Mohawk alumni. Awards have been presented to 130 alumni since 1996.
Joining Order of Canada recipient and University of Windsor Faculty of Law Assistant Professor Dr. Beverly Jacobs and Magnet Forensics Founder and Chief Technology Officer Jad Saliba are:
- Maria de Castro Santos De Tina, Occupational and Physiotherapy Assistant at Brantford General Hospital
- Gabriela Covaci, Employment Consultant with Employment Services at Mohawk College
- Janice Dusek, Chief Executive Officer of JD & Associates
- Maggie Fox, Chief Marketing Officer with Boston-based Globoforce
- Paul Lloyd, Chief Executive Officer with Hamilton-based The PasWord Group
- Valya Roberts, Executive Director with Brantford & District Supervised Access
- Wendy Rolfe, Senior Manager of Student Services and Special Projects with the Mohawk Students’ Association
“Congratulations to our nine newest Alumni of Distinction recipients. Congratulations on your career success and thank you for your contributions to the community. You are an inspiration to our college and to our 30,000 students.”
This year’s recipients will be inducted into the Alumni of Distinction on Oct. 25 at Liuna Station in downtown Hamilton.
Profiles on the 2018 Alumni of Distinction recipients are available at www.mohawkcollege.ca/alumni/alumni-of-distinction/2018
Tickets to the Alumni of Distinction Dinner are available at https://events.eply.com/2018AOD
For more information on the Alumni of Distinction Awards, contact:
Meaghan DruryAlumni Communications Coordinator905.575.1212 ext. email@example.com
Mohawk College educates and serves more than 31,700 full-time, part-time and apprenticeship students at three campuses in Hamilton, Ontario. Mohawk has been named one of Canada’s greenest employers for five years in a row and is home to the country’s largest net zero energy institutional building. Mohawk is also among the leading colleges in Canada for applied research, with a focus on sustainable energy generation and distribution, additive manufacturing and mobile and electronic health solutions.