Mohawk one of Hamilton-Niagara's Top Employers
College makes Hamilton-Niagara Top Employer list for 4th straight year
For four years running, Mohawk College has earned a place on the list of Hamilton-NIagara’s Top Employers.
Hamilton-Niagara's Top Employers is an annual competition organized by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers. The competition recognizes the employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work. The 2017 winners were announced in a special magazine published by The Hamilton Spectator today.
For six years in a row Mohawk has been ranked number one in student satisfaction among Greater Toronto and Hamilton area colleges. Mohawk owes its success to the exceptional faculty and staff who share their knowledge, experience and enthusiasm every day and take pride in their dedication to students and quality education.
“Mohawk invests in the growth and development of our employees because we recognize that the success of our college and our students is directly linked to the success of our people."
- Mohawk has a learning for life strategy that encourages employees to grow both professionally and personally through online and in-class learning, conferences, mentoring and leadership programs.
- The college offers employees generous tuition subsidies, and the opportunity to take continuing education courses at the college for only $20 per course.
- There are many in-house training programs for employees including sessions focusing on teaching and learning innovations such as “Inspiring Minds, Great Ideas for Teaching” and the “Speaker Series in Innovative Ideas.”
- The College Educator Development Program (CEDP) is provided to all newly hired full-time faculty to help them develop their teaching practice and Teaching for Success is available to all part-time instructors.
- The college also offers mentoring programs providing teaching faculty the chance to learn through formal interaction with a peer mentor.
- The Future Ready Leadership Program is a seven-day training program held over seven months to develop and help shape emerging leaders.
- On the most recent employee engagement survey (conducted every two years) four out of five college employees said they would recommend Mohawk as a place to work.
- Staff can also attend retirement planning sessions to help them plan for the future and are eligible for both paid and unpaid professional development leaves.
Mohawk College educates and serves more than 29,500 full-time, part-time, apprenticeship and international students at three main campuses in Hamilton, Ontario and learning hubs across Hamilton through City School by Mohawk, and at the College’s Centre for Aviation Technology at the Hamilton International Airport. Mohawk is among the top five colleges for applied research in Canada. It has been named one of Canada’s greenest employers seven years in a row, holds a GOLD STARS rating from AASHE for sustainability achievements and is home to the country’s largest and first institutional building to receive dual certification for Zero Carbon Building Framework design and performance for The Joyce Centre for Partnership & Innovation. More than 135,000 people have graduated from Mohawk since it was founded.