Nominate an outstanding Mohawk graduate for an Alumni of Distinction award
Mohawk hosts a Community Employment Services open house at 3:30 p.m. today in the Awareness Theatre at its skilled trades campus in Stoney Creek. Joining employers and job seekers who've found work through Community Employment Services at Mohawk will be Ted McMeekin, MPP for Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Westdale and Mohawk President Rob MacIsaac.
Funded by Employment Ontario, Community Employment Services offers free and comprehensive employment services to job seekers, including:
- One-on-one employment consultation, job search support and group workshops
- Access to a resource centre and computer lab
- Access to Ontario government programs, including Second Career
Community Employment Services also serves employers by posting job opportunities, hosting job fairs, pre-screening job applicants and, in some cases, offering subsidies to offset initial training costs.
Along with serving job seekers and employers in East Hamilton, Mohawk offers Community Employment Services on the West Mountain at its Fennell Campus.
“Mohawk College is proud to work with the Ontario government in offering a one-stop and full-service employment connection for job seekers and employers in our community,” says Jim Vanderveken, who leads community services at Mohawk as Dean of Interdisciplinary Studies.
Community Employment Services at Mohawk College
- Weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Mohawk STARRT Institute Library, 481 Barton St. East (extended hours to 7 p.m. Thursdays)
- Fennell Campus J-Wing, 135 Fennell Ave. West, (extended hours to 7 p.m. on Tuesdays)
- To book an appointment with an employment consultant, please call 905.575.2177.