PR-CC students partner with McMaster University team
Three students from the Public Relations – Corporate Communications program will be teaming with students from McMaster University in the Battery Workforce Challenge, in conjunction with Mohawk’s vocational partnership with McMaster. The students will be completing their field placement requirement through the partnership, under the supervision of a communications officer from the Faculty of Engineering.
“BattChallenge is the latest in the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Advanced Vehicle Technology Competition (AVTC) series. AVTCs represent a unique collaboration of government, industry, and academic partners who combine resources to explore sustainable transportation solutions. BattChallenge is challenging teams from 12 North American universities to build an advanced battery pack for a new production vehicle for Stellantis Group.”
The students are Cooper Coyle, Jordan Greets, and Nicholas Sappor.
As members of the Communications team, the students will collaborate closely with a diverse range of individuals and mentors to help elevate the overall profile of the McMaster BattChallenge team.
Their responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing communication strategies to promote the team across various channels, including social media, press releases, website content, and email newsletters.
- Crafting engaging and persuasive content that highlights the unique features of our competition and encourages participation from teams, sponsors, and spectators.
- Managing and growing the team’s social media presence by interacting with followers, sharing updates, and fostering a vibrant online community.
- Collaborating with graphic designers and multimedia experts to create visually appealing materials such as videos, infographics, and posters.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for media inquiries, preparing media kits, and arranging interviews with key stakeholders.
- Monitoring and analyzing communication efforts' performance through data and metrics to make informed decisions and optimize future strategies.
- Helping lead the event organizing team to align messaging with overall event goals and ensure a consistent brand image.
This is a great opportunity for the students tied directly back to our academic deliverables.