Problems registering for a communications course? We can help.
Mohawk wants to welcome every new and returning student back to the College next week. We are open and classes will resume as scheduled. Our number one priority is the safety of our students and staff. We have prepared this Top 10 list to help you.
- OPSEU Support staff workers at all Ontario Colleges are conducting a work stoppage and have set up picket lines at the Fennell, Brantford (Elgin & Brantford/Laurier) and Stoney Creek campuses. While workers have the right to picket, students and staff have the right to cross the picket lines.
- Use online services. This will allow you to avoid lines ups. If you are registered avoid services and go to your regularly scheduled classes as listed on your timetable.
- New students – Academic Orientation is Tuesday as scheduled. Our Student Associations will conduct activities as planned. Shuttles will not be running for Orientation events.
- Returning students – begin classes as scheduled on Wednesday.
- Financial Assistance/OSAP – loan documents are being processed centrally at Fennell campus in room G08 in the Student Centre. For any other OSAP concerns we recommend delaying if possible. For urgent matters visit the Fennell Square from 9:30 to 4pm – expect line-ups and delays.
- Timetables and other college documents – please print documents at home or at a local print shop. Bring college documents with you to help you find your classes and to reference any important information needed to help you get started.
- Health Sciences & applicable Human Services students requiring Communicable Disease Screening Clearance must go to a local health clinic or family doctor for testing. Campus Health Clinics will be closed – Academic offices will support students with the required paperwork.(see Mohawk Matters for complete details)
- Do not drive to campus if possible. The HSR has many routes that come to campus and will drop students off on the sidewalks. Students should also consider getting dropped off by family or friends wherever possible.
- Vehicles will be permitted to enter the campus but will be delayed by the picket lines. Police are ticketing vehicles that charge the picket lines or make left turns. Enter the campus by making right hand turns only, proceed slowly when cleared and use extreme caution.
- Remain calm. Be patient. Expect delays. Give yourself enough extra time and remember your safety and that of every staff member is our first priority.
Remember – class is your priority – we will help you sort out your service needs in due course. Everyone at Mohawk is committed to helping you get started and we are confident that essential needs will be accommodated.
We look forward to seeing you next week.