Sustainable Project of the Year!
Joyce Centre recognized by Ontario Sustainable Energy Association
The Joyce Centre for Partnership & Innovation has been named Sustainable Project of the Year by the Ontario Sustainable Energy Association.
The 96,000 square foot centre currently under construction at Mohawk’s Fennell campus is the country’s largest, and the region’s first, net zero energy institutional building. The building incorporates leading-edge sustainability features and will generate as much energy as it consumes.
Other nominees for the 2018 Sustainable Project of the Year included:
- Nungesser Lake Tower – Windular (co-sponsored by Bell Canada)
- Evolv1 Project – The Cora Group (in partnership with Sustainable Waterloo)
- The Joyce Centre for Partnership & Innovation – Mohawk College
- The Morse Street Retrofit – Greening Homes
- Wood Biomass Boiler at Canadian Headquarters – The Viessmann Group
The Ontario Sustainable Energy Association is an advocate, facilitator and business catalyst that brings the public, commercial and community sustainable energy sector and their supporters together to address emerging trends and the development of healthy, prosperous and ecologically sustainable communities across Ontario.