IDEAWORKS webinar series to share new ideas for teaching and learning.
Three upcoming webinars hosted by Mohawk faculty and staff will highlight innovative approaches to college teaching and learning.
The webinars are part of the 2020-2021 IDEAWORKS webinar series and will showcase research findings related to the scholarship of teaching and learning research projects:
- The Wellness Connection Program & The Power of Peer Mentorship will take place on February 4, 2021, at 2 p.m.
- Mind the Gap: Arts-based strategies for Enhancing Essential Employability Skills will take place on February 16, 2021, at 2 p.m.
- Impact of Experiential Learning Camp Retreat on Student Success will take place on March 18, 2021, at 2 p.m.
The three research projects were supported by the IDEAWORKS Catalyst Fund (ICF), which provides funding to support new applied research and innovative scholarship in teaching and learning at Mohawk College.
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, commonly abbreviated to SoTL, is an emerging research field focused on improving student learning, enhancing educational quality, and sharing results to a community of teacher-scholars.
In addition to the SoTL Webinars, IDEAWORKS will be hosting a webinar on March 2, 2021, that will share the applied research findings of an agricultural industry project.
Recordings of past SoTL Webinars are also available to watch at Mohawk College’s YouTube Channel:
- Can College Students Really Work as Partners with Faculty? Testing a Student-Faculty Partnership for Co-constructing an ECE Outdoor Play Resource
- Enhancing Industry Training in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- How to create a positive learning environment with the Start-Stop-Continue app
The webinars are open to Mohawk College employees, students, and the public.
For registration and further information:
- Register for The Wellness Connection Program & The Power of Peer Mentorship webinar.
- Register for Mind the Gap: Arts-based strategies for Enhancing Essential Employability Skills webinar.
- Register for the Impact of Experiential Learning Camp Retreat on Student Success webinar.